USMNT v. Columbia
January 28, 2023
Karama Well being and Sports activities Park; Carson, California.
Pregame protection: 7 p.m. ET on TNT, Telemundo, Peacock, and Telemundo app.
Kick-off time: 7:37 p.m. ET on TNT, Telemundo, Peacock, and Telemundo app
Social media: USMNT on Twitter And Instagram; Soccer FbAmerican soccer app
Tonight’s USMNT Championship Beginning XI vs. Colombia: 1- Shawn Johnson, 3- Walker Zimmerman, 4- DeJohn Jones, 6- Paxton Aronson, 7- Paul Arreola, 9- Jesus Ferreira, 12- John Tolkien, 13- Matthew Hope, 15- Aaron Lengthy, 19- Eric Williamson 23- Clear Acosta (Captain)
Substitutes: 18-Roman Celentano, 24-Gaga Slonina, 2-Julian Grisel, 5-Jonathan Gomez,
8- Brandon Vasquez, 10- Paxton Pommical, 11- Emmanuel Saby, 14- Alan Sonora, 16- Sam Rogers, 20- Cady Coyle, 21- Aidan Morris, 22- Jalen Neal
Recreation notes | 5 issues to find out about Colombia
- USMNT Beginning XI Cap Numbers (together with this matchup): Kellyn Acosta (57), Paul Arriola (50), Walker Zimmerman (39), Aaron Lengthy (31) Jesús Ferreira (17), Sean Johnson (11), Matthew Hoppe (8), Eric Williamson (6), DeJohn Jones (2), Paxton Aronson (1), John Tolkien (1)
- The common age of a USMNT XI starter at the moment is 25 years, 306 days and averages 19 caps total.
- Two extra gamers will likely be making their USMNT debuts tonight – midfielder Paxton Aronson and defender John Tolkien – bringing the variety of debuts throughout this January camp to a complete of 10.
- Starting with Bucksten Aronson, he and Brenden Aronson grew to become the eighth set of brothers to look within the USMNT: John and Pedro DiPrito; Otto and Rolf Decker; Angelo and Paul DiBernardo; Charlie and Henry McCauley. George and Louie Nanchoff; Steve and Ken Snow. Archie and Tom Stark.
- Probably the most skilled worldwide on the checklist, midfielder Kellyn Acosta leads the USMNT for the primary time tonight.
- Veteran ahead Paul Areola earns his fiftiethy The utmost, to turn into 60y participant to achieve the half-century mark for the USMNT.
- All 5 gamers from the FIFA World Cup squad begin tonight: goalkeeper Sean Johnson, defenders Aaron Lengthy, Walker Zimmerman, midfielder Clear Acosta and striker Jesus Ferreira.
- Born in Santa Marta, Colombia, Jesus Ferreira will flip 35y Completely different participant to play for USMNT in opposition to the nation they have been born in. He’s the third Colombian American he has confronted Los Cafeteros, After Jorge Acosta (July 31, 1992) and Carlos Lamosa (February 3, 2001).
- Shawn Johnson returned to the USMNT for the primary time since being kicked out by Uruguay in a 0-0 attract June. 5, 2022 in Kansas Metropolis, Kan.
- Johnson (January 22, 2011 vs Chile), Jesus Ferreira (February 1, 2020, vs Costa Rica) and Clear Acosta (January 31, 2016 vs Iceland) all earned their first staff debuts at Dignity Well being Sports activities Park.
- After making his debut on Wednesday, defenseman DeJuan Jones earned his first begin for the USMNT tonight.
- After coming off the bench on Wednesday, ahead Matthew Interest and midfielder Eric Williamson every made their first begins for the reason that CONCACAF Gold Cup last in opposition to Mexico on August 1, 2021 in Las Vegas.
- With Alex Zendejas again at Membership América after Wednesday’s sport, all 23 gamers are dressed for tonight’s match. Six substitutions allowed in six completely different moments. The primary half shouldn’t be counted as a substitution second.
- The USMNT is 3-13-4 in a 20-game standings with Columbia. on the final assembly, Los Cafeteros The USMNT defeated the USMNT 4-2 on October 11, 2018 in Tampa, Florida. The USMNT final defeated Colombia in a 3-0 win on March 9, 2005 in Fullerton, California.
Mentioned Martinez from Honduras is the referee for at the moment’s match. The USMNT is 5-0-1 in a match managed by Martinez. He final officiated a 5-0 US win over Grenada within the CONCACAF Nations League group stage on June 10, 2022 in Austin.